Championship Swimming = Tech Suits

Image result for Championship swimming

Championship swimming is what all swimmers work forwards. The goal at the beginning of the season is always to perform your best at the end of the season. To achieve this goal, it takes what all other goals take, hard work. 

When I was younger championship swimming didn't matter because dropping time happen frequently. As you get older as a swimmer the less often you drop time.  For me, when I was 11, I drop 21seconds out of the blue in the 100 free. Now it is a struggle to drop even a .01 off my best. Currently, my championship meets occurs for short course during February and March. For long course, they happen in August or late July.

A lot of preparation goes into swimming at a high quality at a championship meet. It all starts at the beginning of the season with intense training and meticulous corrections of the strokes. The intense training continues until a month or so from the meet where tapering begins. Tapering is when the yards beginning to decrease and is an important time of where the body is given the rest it is needed. When the meet comes, so does the tech suits.

Tech suits are the very expensive swimsuit that reduces drag and increase the speed of the swimmer. Tech suit prices are range from $60 to $600 for a good suit. Personally, I wear arena carbons for breaststroke and speedos for freestyle. If a tech suit rips at all no matter the size of the rip, then the suit becomes unusable. Tech suits do not have a long lifespan and usually don't last more than 12 races.  Tech suits only come out for competes during championship meet. Personally, I think they should only be used for a swimmer at championship meets and swimmers above the age of 13.  First time I used a tech suit at was 13 and it took me one long sweaty hour to put on. In addition, I have ripped my fair shared of tech suits.
Image result for speedo kneeskinsImage result for arena tech suit


Tech suits are a topic of swimming that nonswimmer just doesn't understand.  Comment below your stories from tech suits.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home is the pool

Thanksgiving Time is Time for High School Swimming