Goals Lead to Success

To achieve anything in life, a goal or direction is needed to define what you are working towards. Goals are dreams with a plan. 

The best of swimmers always set goals for themselves in order to become better. At the start of every new season, I like to set goals for myself. Goals are always meant to push you past what you thought you could do. Goals are not supposed to be easy. Personally, I set myself one major goal with smaller goals that would work towards the main goal. 

As I begin a high school season, I need to set myself some goals in order to have success this seasons. In order for me to have goals become successes, they need to have a deadline, be reverent, specific, and meaning to me.
List of my goals: 
  1.  I am breaststroker and last season I went a 1:08.13 in 100 breaststrokes. Plus I came in second in the state. This year, my goal is a 1:06.45 in the 100 breaststroke and becoming the state champ.  My plan in order to complete this goal is to work hard every practice and go to every practice. My deadline for this goal is MIAA State Championship on February 18.
  2. Last season, I went a 1:58.78 in the 200 free. This year my goal is to drop 3 seconds to have a time of 1:55. My plan is work on my walls and breakouts in the hopes of dropping time
  3. This season I want to make every single practice. Last season, I didn't make every practice because I was injured and sick for a lot of the season. This goal would set me up for other goals and make me become a better swimmer. 
  4. To be apart of state winning relay team. Relays are my favorite thing about high school swimming because I am not swimming just for me but swimming for my teammates. 
  5. To stay healthy and enjoy the season. My plan is to have this goal become successful is to eat right, get a full night of sleep, and embracing life moments. 

More links here to help set your goals. 
Image result for goals quotesImage result for goals quotesImage result for goals quotes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home is the pool

Thanksgiving Time is Time for High School Swimming

Championship Swimming = Tech Suits